Monday, July 8, 2013

Today, I ended up doing lots of extra cleaning around the house.
I used a couple of the great ideas on Pintrest and wow was I surprised.
Who knew so many uses for vinegar. I cleaned my window sills, my ceiling fan and my front load washing machine today. All with the exact same cleaning solution.  1 cup of water with 1/4 cup of vinegar in a spray bottle. My window sills look brand spanking new. I am shocked. We all know what dirty window sills look like I don't need to post that. But my after is so great looking. Could not be happier.
My washing machine has smelled terrible almost from day one, mainly because we remodeled the inside of the house and we put all kinds of chemicals that were are rags in the brand new washing machine. Did a load of 1 cup of vinegar in an hour load and then cleaned the door and seal around the outside. Smells 100% better. Then I used the pillow case trick around the ceiling fan, we have a Siberian husky and let me tell you in the warmer months her hair is everywhere. Including the fan. But my spray bottle mixture in the pillowcase slid it on the blade and it took about 5 min to clean the whole. Most the time it would have taken me 30 min to clean the fan and then clean the floors and anything else it landed on. It was so great. So here are the pins where I got my ideas. And this is what my window sills look like after.

Ceiling Fan http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/16/weekend-diy-ideas_n_2145925.html?ref=topbar
Washing Machine Cleaner http://www.ehow.com/how_4922656_clean-loading-washing-machine-vinegar.html#page=0

My great looking window sills.

1 comment:

  1. I am too afraid to try. I love love pickles and what if after cleaning all I want to do is eat pickles haha!?

    ReplyDelete